Monday, May 2, 2011

The Holy Spirit has Spoken, I have Listened

My heart has been plowed this weekend and I don't even know where to begin.

First, let me say that the Holy Spirit is real - in case you had a doubt! And, sometimes, when you hear him speak, you can't translate it into words. But, your heart knows when it has been spoken to. Your heart is different. Your heart is better. I'm convinced this is why we all get tripped up on explaining God to people because you simply can't put the Holy Spirit into words.

I told you last week I was longing for my Jesus. Today (and it's Monday to boot!), my cup is overflowing. Not my bank account, not my situations, nothing has changed at my house...except my heart.

When the Holy Spirt works in my heart, he allows me to "feel" more and to soak up Jesus. With ease I can soak up his love for me, his grace, his majesty. Somedays I can put on the music, pull out the Word, but I'm just not feeling it. But when the Holy Spirit shows up, it is effortless.

Today as I listened to a song that mentioned him being slain for me, it hit me fresh: Jesus, not any other god that people bow down to, or make up or worship, was slain for me and you. What other god has that resume? I don't know of one who laid his life down for his people like Jesus did. (Historically the bible is true. A man died. Whether you recognize the spiritual element of his death or not, someone was really slain and died a brutal death.)

This weekend, the Holy Spirit spoke. The ground didn't shake. Lightening didn't strike. He simply used someone who was listening to Him, to speak to his people. My longing heart has heard and is filled. My ears are opened. My walls have been knocked down...once again. All of these make it easy for me to feel his presence, hear his word and draw near to him. It is amazing that a few words, uttered by an obedient disciple of Christ, words that in the natural make no sense, can open my heart and plow hard ground like nothing else I could ever dream up on my own. The Holy Spirit has spoken and praise God that he has allowed my heart to hear and be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts