Monday, May 2, 2011

The Authority of Jesus' Name

One more quick thing.

I found a nugget last night in the Word of God. It was actually hidden in the commentary. It said when people prayed in the "name of Jesus" they were saying "by the authority of Jesus Christ." This struck a cord with me.

The name of Jesus is so powerful, but when you say "by the AUTHORITY of Jesus" it has a strong, authoritative ring to it! That resonated with me.

I am going to concentrate for the next couple of weeks on saying "by the authority of Jesus" and not "the name of Jesus". One is not better than the other, but it gives me a more concentrated authority to my prayer life! It feels more powerful right now. Like I said, it was nugget for me!

The name of Jesus is super powerful. Just today this blog post came to my inbox. As always, so timely. Hope you too enjoy it!

http://lysaterkeurst.com/2011/05/a-message-of-hope/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts