Last night I was cooking dinner and my kids were cleaning their room. My son comes out and says, "This is hard and I don't like doing it!" Understandable. I tell him, "We never like doing the hard stuff, but anything worth doing is going to be hard."
Then, it occurred to me that Jesus did the hard stuff for me. He died on the cross, not me. He was tortured and brutally killed, not me. I don't even have to go through the rituals that people did in the old testament times. I don't have to kill a sacrifice and bring it to the temple. I just have to ask for forgiveness and it is given. How easy is that?
While I'm extremely grateful to live in this day and age, it occurred to me that I take my faith for granted because I'm not the one who had to do the hard stuff. It was done for me. Yet, I still have a torch to carry to the next generation. If my light goes out, so goes the faith of my children and their children. While I may not have to bring a burnt offering to the Lord, I still have things that I need to do like reading the Word, sharing my faith, sewing into my kids faith. These are not things I would consider hard. The hard part is simply staying committed and conscious of doing them.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Have you ever heard someone say, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is near!"? What feelings or thoughts come to mind when you hear th...
-
Here are a few verses from Proverbs 14 that spoke to me today. I really could have posted the entire thing, but in an effort to keep this sh...
-
Sometimes, the things that make me think a little deeper can be very strange things! Recently, I downloaded a new cd by Mandisa. The title i...
-
Article has been updated at the end. Yep, that is what I said! I know I shouldn't say sucks, but there is no other word to describe th...
-
Headed out for a little road trip and had to stop for some new tunes! I normally don't OD like this...but I couldn't make up my mind...
-
This week I've had something rolling around in my brain that I simply can't let go of. It is the spirit of division and the things t...
-
At the age of 39, I would have expected the unpredictable to have leveled out a bit in my life. Yet, it seems quit the opposite. No matter ...
-
Breath in....breath out....close eyes...repeat. That is about the best parenting advice I can give you, especially if you parent boys. Th...
-
Hey Everyone - Thank you for visiting my site. However, I've expanded my website and moved it to a new location. www.crazyonthefarm.co...
-
Who knew? I certainly did not. I mean, after all, I didn't think I consumed that much caffeine! Really! Somewhere around 32 hours was ...
No comments:
Post a Comment