One more quick thing.
I found a nugget last night in the Word of God. It was actually hidden in the commentary. It said when people prayed in the "name of Jesus" they were saying "by the authority of Jesus Christ." This struck a cord with me.
The name of Jesus is so powerful, but when you say "by the AUTHORITY of Jesus" it has a strong, authoritative ring to it! That resonated with me.
I am going to concentrate for the next couple of weeks on saying "by the authority of Jesus" and not "the name of Jesus". One is not better than the other, but it gives me a more concentrated authority to my prayer life! It feels more powerful right now. Like I said, it was nugget for me!
The name of Jesus is super powerful. Just today this blog post came to my inbox. As always, so timely. Hope you too enjoy it!
http://lysaterkeurst.com/2011/05/a-message-of-hope/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Have you ever heard someone say, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is near!"? What feelings or thoughts come to mind when you hear th...
-
Here are a few verses from Proverbs 14 that spoke to me today. I really could have posted the entire thing, but in an effort to keep this sh...
-
Article has been updated at the end. Yep, that is what I said! I know I shouldn't say sucks, but there is no other word to describe th...
-
Sometimes, the things that make me think a little deeper can be very strange things! Recently, I downloaded a new cd by Mandisa. The title i...
-
This week I've had something rolling around in my brain that I simply can't let go of. It is the spirit of division and the things t...
-
Headed out for a little road trip and had to stop for some new tunes! I normally don't OD like this...but I couldn't make up my mind...
-
At the age of 39, I would have expected the unpredictable to have leveled out a bit in my life. Yet, it seems quit the opposite. No matter ...
-
Breath in....breath out....close eyes...repeat. That is about the best parenting advice I can give you, especially if you parent boys. Th...
-
Hey Everyone - Thank you for visiting my site. However, I've expanded my website and moved it to a new location. www.crazyonthefarm.co...
-
Who knew? I certainly did not. I mean, after all, I didn't think I consumed that much caffeine! Really! Somewhere around 32 hours was ...
No comments:
Post a Comment