Tonight I'm reminded that we should all be brave! Not because we are perfect or what we are going to do or say is perfect, but because the only way we get better at something is to take a chance!
If we never took our first step, we would not be walking. We would look stupid crawling around as adults! Yet, we keep all our talents to ourselves, scared to show them to the world. We might get criticized. We might get laughed at. We might do it all wrong! But, at least we started. We launched! We did something!! There is always room to improve, but if we never start, then we simply never get any better. So, get out there and take a chance. Do something brave!
Here is my friend doing something brave. She has been learning guitar for about a year. I didn't even know that she sang, and she even wrote the song. Why? Because it was important to her!! I love that. And, she is an extremely shy young lady, so this is HUGE in my book!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Have you ever heard someone say, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is near!"? What feelings or thoughts come to mind when you hear th...
-
Here are a few verses from Proverbs 14 that spoke to me today. I really could have posted the entire thing, but in an effort to keep this sh...
-
Headed out for a little road trip and had to stop for some new tunes! I normally don't OD like this...but I couldn't make up my mind...
-
Sometimes, the things that make me think a little deeper can be very strange things! Recently, I downloaded a new cd by Mandisa. The title i...
-
Article has been updated at the end. Yep, that is what I said! I know I shouldn't say sucks, but there is no other word to describe th...
-
Breath in....breath out....close eyes...repeat. That is about the best parenting advice I can give you, especially if you parent boys. Th...
-
Hey Everyone - Thank you for visiting my site. However, I've expanded my website and moved it to a new location. www.crazyonthefarm.co...
-
At the age of 39, I would have expected the unpredictable to have leveled out a bit in my life. Yet, it seems quit the opposite. No matter ...
-
I'm sitting here trying to catch my breath and my legs are tingling just a bit. I just walked 1.5 miles. That is a small step towards ...
-
It was not something I could see, but certainly something I could feel. Something had shifted in my heart, and today was a new day. The ni...
No comments:
Post a Comment