Ah, that verse? Really?? Keep reading!
What feeling or thought comes to mind when you hear that verse? Honestly, for me, I have had mixed emotions about that verse for a long time...until this week. Now, I'm going around saying to myself, "Repent, the kingdom of heaven is near," and it brings a smile to my face.
One of the ways I've seen this verse was futuristic...Jesus is coming back soon, better get my life in order...oh my goodness! But, what Jesus meant when he said this verse was literally, the kingdom is near...standing right in front of you! How much nearer can it get! Jesus was standing there, offering people none other than heaven itself.
God would now live on the inside of his people. No more long treks to the temple. No more cleansing themselves before they could even come close to God. He would now live on the inside of them! Awesome news for them and us.
I'm so glad he lives on the inside of me, being my comforter, being my peace, my joy! While I love to go to church, I'm glad he doesn't only reside in church...but in my heart...where I can access him anytime....whether I'm clean or dirty, full of sin or repented. He is there!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Popular Posts
-
Have you ever heard someone say, "Repent, the Kingdom of God is near!"? What feelings or thoughts come to mind when you hear th...
-
Article has been updated at the end. Yep, that is what I said! I know I shouldn't say sucks, but there is no other word to describe th...
-
Here are a few verses from Proverbs 14 that spoke to me today. I really could have posted the entire thing, but in an effort to keep this sh...
-
Sometimes, the things that make me think a little deeper can be very strange things! Recently, I downloaded a new cd by Mandisa. The title i...
-
This week I've had something rolling around in my brain that I simply can't let go of. It is the spirit of division and the things t...
-
Headed out for a little road trip and had to stop for some new tunes! I normally don't OD like this...but I couldn't make up my mind...
-
Breath in....breath out....close eyes...repeat. That is about the best parenting advice I can give you, especially if you parent boys. Th...
-
Hey Everyone - Thank you for visiting my site. However, I've expanded my website and moved it to a new location. www.crazyonthefarm.co...
-
At the age of 39, I would have expected the unpredictable to have leveled out a bit in my life. Yet, it seems quit the opposite. No matter ...
-
Who knew? I certainly did not. I mean, after all, I didn't think I consumed that much caffeine! Really! Somewhere around 32 hours was ...
No comments:
Post a Comment